My Dear Beloved Parishioners,
Greetings and Peace of the Risen Christ, our Lord and Savior! I hope and pray that everything is going well for you! I am writing this letter for three reasons namely, (a) to inquire about your health and wellbeing, (b) to thank you for your prayers and financial support for our beautiful parish’s day-to-day operations, and (c) to let you all know that we will be reopening the parish church in PHASE II, on the weekend of June 6-7, 2020. You are welcome to attend the weekday Masses as well. However, there are some guidelines (from the TX-Governor and our Bishop) that are to be followed strictly. They are:
- Those of you who are sick, are requested to stay at home and join our parishioners in spiritual communion during the worship hours. And, those who are 65 and older are encouraged to stay at home for now.
- Those of you who decide to participate in person at the Mass(es) are requested to bring your own face masks. Those who do not have one, the parish will provide a face mask for each one. Children who are 2 years and younger do not need to wear face masks.
- All the ushers are requested to wear face masks and gloves, and welcome people without shaking their hands or hugging them.
- As we are allowed to have only 50% of the building capacity of occupancy in Phase II, we request that your family members sit together on the pews and keep some physical distance between your family and other worshippers.
- During the time of exchanging the “Peace of Christ” at the Mass, no shaking of hands please.
- The Holy Communion will be distributed in the hands, and the Communion Cups will not be used during Phase II. Those who would like to receive the Holy Communion on the tongue are requested to meet the pastor prior to the Mass.
- The Lectors and Commentators are requested to wash their hands and sanitize them before the Mass begins.
- The Mass Coordinators will wear gloves and face masks while setting the altar and preparing for each Mass.
- After each Mass, the pews are to be wiped and sanitized. Hence, we are in need of some volunteers to do that task. If you are willing to be of assistance, please contact Ms. Marta Bailey or Ms. Dora Garza.
- The money-counters are also requested to wear gloves while counting the money after each weekend Mass.
These are some of the guidelines that are to be observed as we continue to practice the norm of “Social Distancing.” I personally thank each one of you for your friendship, prayers, and spiritual support. And, I welcome all of you to come and participate in our worship services. You are in my prayers. Please keep me and our parish staff and their families in your prayers. May God bless you, your beloved family members, and your endeavors!
Yours sincerely in Christ,
Fr. Santiago Udayar, Pastor
This year on Tuesday, May 5, 2020, St. Margaret’s Church is participating in the fourth annual San Angelo Gives, a 24-hour online giving extravaganza.
In 2019, San Angelo Gives raised over $2.2 million collectively for all participating nonprofits, and the goal is to raise even more this year.
We invite you to be part of this giving day and help our organization on May 5th. Here is how you can join the movement.
1. Give where you live on May 5th
On May 5th, if you donate to our organization on sanangelogives.org between midnight and 11:59pm, each gift can be amplified by funds and prizes raised by the San Angelo Area Foundation! Your donation will help us receive extra funds for our new parish hall.
2. Spread the Word:
Spread the word to your friends and loved ones about our organization and San Angelo Gives! Encourage your friends and family to get up and give by finding our profile on sanangelogives.org.
3. Follow us
Follow our social media [https://www.facebook.com/St-Margarets-Catholic-Church-140879906084091/] and facebook.com/SanAngeloFoundation to stay up to date on San Angelo Gives! For more information on San Angelo Gives, visit sanangelogives.org. For more information on how you can help our church succeed during San Angelo Gives, please contact the parish office at (325) 651-4633.
St. Margaret of Scotland Church
2020 Raffle Tickets
As many of you know, St. Margaret of Scotland Church is in the middle of a Capital Campaign to raise funds to build a new Parish Hall for our community. Soon we will be able to drive by the building site and see the construction underway. But, we still have lots of work to do.
Sadly, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have been unable to travel and make our raffle tickets available to the general public. After consulting the Diocesan Attorney, our raffle-drawing date has been moved to June 14, 2020, allowing us additional time to make our tickets available for purchase.
Please do not let this crisis (COVID-19) keep you from getting involved. Use this opportunity to join your fellow church and community members and help us to reach our goal.
This is the perfect time to share your love with the Church. Please show your love by contacting one of our representatives, to purchase your raffle tickets today!
Buy your tickets today!
Win up to $20,000 in Visa Gift Cards
Drawing to be held Sunday,
June 14, 2020
Need not be present to win.
$20 per Raffle Ticket
Call to purchase your raffle tickets over the phone with your debit or credit card.
Mike McEligot- 210-788-7923
Jo Ann Martinez-325-212-3081
For A Quick Home Delivery:
Sammy Vasquez -325-651-6307
Dcn. Jesse Martinez-325-374-8279